Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Monday 25th May 2015
End Date: Monday 19th February 2018
If a task is written like this, then it means that it is currently in progress..
If a task is written like this, then it means that it is completed.
0 out of 101 complete so far.
- Loose at least 2 stone . (0lbs/28lbs)
Because I’d like to look and feel better about myself and I think this would help alot!
- Quit Smoking.
Not only for the health side of things, but also it’s so darn expensive.
- Find out blood type.
I’m curious about that type of thing you see, I have a thirst for knowledge.
- Donate Blood.
I’m already on the Organ Donor list, and I’m on the Brain Donor list for Parkinson’s disease too, so what harm is giving a little blood away.
- Do a “Distance Learning” course. My own choice.
Like I said before, I have a thirst for knowledge.
- Take Driving Lessons.
Sadly, driving seems to be one of the practicalities of life, although I don’t do to bad riding around on my bicycle.
- Take Theory Test.
Needed to achieve the above.
- Take a photograph for every letter of the alphabet Which will be known as alphaphoto, just a bit of fun to be honest.
- Take part in the 1001 Journal Project.
I’ll have to start my own journal, which could be fun, will have to think of the theme for it too
- Take part/ start a Disposable memory project.
It would be interesting to see if it actually gets sent in
- Get a new tattoo.
Art is pretty.
- Sort out my finances.
They need seriously sorting out!!
- Have over £1000 saved up.
- Find myself a good dentist.
- Get teeth whitened.
- Do Operation Christmas Child again, at least once.
One of those selfless deed things, and I like to spread the Christmas cheer.
- Buy a gift for my Brother, no occasion.
- Buy a gift for my Sister, no occasion.
- Buy a gift for my Mum, no occasion.
- Buy a gift for my Nephew. no occasion.
Because I’m nice like that 😉 and she deserves it for putting up with me like she does.
- Write 101 quotations on post-it notes, and stick in random places (photo’s to be taken)
Just a bit of fun.
- Cut down on sugar in hot drinks, preferably so I don’t have any at all.
Health reason, too much sugar and all that jazz, plus the dentist would probably prefer it.
- Go camping for at least 2 nights.
Something I’ve never done, well I have, But I don’t think camping in the back garden is quite the same.
- Sort out my clothes which I am unlikely to wear again. Donating any of the good condition ones to charity.
- Donate 100,000 grains of rice on freerice.com (0/100,000)
Donating is as easy as answering a few questions.
- Rejoin the gym.
- ReAnswer the “50 questions that will free your mind”. originally done 4/10/11
- Grow a plant from seed.
Beside from primary school, I’ve never actually been able to do this.
- Buy the Big Issue.
- Read more
I used to read a fair bit, once upon a time ago.
- Go on holiday abroad.
Who doesn’t like holidays? And it has been that long since I have been on one, even one here would do to be fair.
- Write a short story.
Not necessarily to be published, cause that is highly unlikely. But mainly cause when I was younger I used to write a hell of a lot, now, not so much.
- Get a professional massage.
We all deserve a treat some time.
- Take part in race for life.
and raise money for Cancer Research UK while I’m at it.
- Post a secret to postsecret.com
But which secret to post??
- Go to London. Again. (I’ll post about my first trip sometime)
- See a show at West End.
I like me a good musical.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day for a week.
I drink nowhere near enough of the recommended daily water intake.
- Get my own place.
- Bake some bread from scratch.
I like to bake.
- Bake some Cupcakes from scratch.
I like to bake.
- Bake cookies from scratch.
I like to bake.
- Make cakepops.
nom nom nom…
- Get a new camera.
My camera is a bit temperamental at times, so a replacement would be nice.
- Take my family to a restaurant they have never been to before.
Change is sometimes good.
- 24 hours without any form of electronics used (apart from at work).
That means, no tv, no music, no laptop, no mp3 player, no phone. This will be hard!!
- Go to bed before 11pm for a week.
- Go Ice Skating.
I haven’t been for years, the last time I went I got carried off the ice and had concussion!!
- Actually get round to Visiting D.
D is a friend I met on holiday when I was about 13, we have remained in contact ever since, often attempting and failing to meet up again.
- Be able to do 20 pushups.
I can’t even do push ups properly so this should be a bit of a challenge.
- Not eat take out for a whole month.
Saving the Lbs and £s.
- Write out my own recipe book.
So I can pass it down?
- Bike every where locally for a month
- Raise money for a charity.
May as well raise some money some how too.
- Learn to walk in heels.
This should be a laugh!!!
- Sing on Karaoke
I sing in the shower, badly, so why not get rat arsed and try it in a pub full of people?
- Help mum do the garden the way she wants it.
She does it every year alone, but never fully to how she wants it.
- Ride on a “big” ride at fair.
- Watch the top 100 movies.
- Get dressed up for Halloween.
I do like a good dress up.
- Get Tarot cards read.
Have always wanted cards reading.
- Go to a music festival.
Would this cover the camping too if it’s a camping style festival.
- Go to the Ann Frank Museum.
I’ve read her diary, seen a TV film of her, now I would like to visit the actual house.
- Go to a 1940s weekend.
Ahhh yes, my love for the 1940’s appears.
- Read and share 101 poems.
Sharing is fun 😉
- Do the 100 days of happiness challenge.
- Move into my own apartment/house
As it says, get my own space.
- Go to New York.
One can dream right?
- Buy some flowers for somone.
- Have an emergency fund, that is seperate form my savings account.
- Set up a lasting power of attourney
- Do the rucksack project.
- Do a 5k.
- Do a 10k
- Go to a Concert.
- Get a font of my own writing.
- Plant a time capsule.
- Go to a movie by myself.
- Attend a football match.
- Attend a blogger event.
- Attend a rugby match.
- Attend a Hockey match.
- Attend a Roller Derby.
- Learn to Knit.
- Go to a country show.
- Visit a chiropodist.
- go for a weekend away with the sister and nephew.
- Weekend away with mum.
- weekend away with brother.
- weekend away on my self
- Remember to take my medication everyday for a month!
- Get 5 penpals.
- Send a suprise package to someone.
- write a message in a bottle.
- Write a message and attach to a balloon.
- Be part of a TV Audience.
- Save £1 for ever lb I lose.
- Refresh my First Aid.
- Blog about all the above goals.
- Write out a new 101 list when this one has finished.